Monday 11 March 2013

Shelves for a Childs Bedroom

I wanted some shelves for my little boys toys, but of course, I didn't want to just buy one, so I was looking on ebay for one to paint.  This is it afterwards:
I got this really dark stained one for about $42.  I was really pleased.  It is about 1.2m high and 1.2m wide.  This means it is too wide to fit into most cars so we used the roof rack to collect it.  I loved that it was so solid and great quality.
I started by sanding it down and then undercoated it with all in one primer and undercoat.  It took a few coats as it was such a dark stain underneath.
 I used a small roller to do it because I find I get a much better finish than using brushes.
Then I used semi gloss white and my favourite teal colour gloss which is green buoy from dulux just on the inside back.
With all my childs toys on it looks super cute and it isn't so high he can't reach everything.  He tends to love climbing up furniture so I knew a tall one was going to be a hazard.
So there it is - a beautiful piece from very little money spent and a bit of work!
What are you doing this week?
Happy creating!

2 comments:

  1. Your shelf is gorgeous! I love the blue in the inside! I pinned it for inspiration and would love for you to link this up at my linky party today at http://www.juliakendrick.com/2013/03/thrifty-thursday-linky-party.html! I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a lot of contents today but your site really rocks and I have chosen this as my top sites for today’s online content reading about similar topic.

    http://themanuallabourer.blog.com/2013/05/22/redecorating-a-childs-bedroom/

    ReplyDelete