Saturday 14 September 2013

Virtual Quilting Bee Blocks

I am way way behind on my blocks for diary of a quilter virtual quilting bee.
Virtual Quilting Bee

I last did some way back in May here and then a little bit in June here.
I made 2 today and cut out another one!  I think I will have time to sew up the third one tomorrow.
This is block #4 by Melissa Corry of Happy Quilting and it is called going dutch. 
Here it is with the other ones I had already made.  The fabric is mostly Pam Kitty Love which I just love.  It has such a great vintage feel. 
I then made this one which is block #6 by Amanda Woodruff of A Crafty Fox.  It is called tilt-a-whirl quilt and it involves using inset seams.  That dots fabric is just about my favourite fabric at the moment. 
And then I cut out the pieces for the next block which is block #8.
This one has lots of tiny little pieces.  I like this quilting bee.  The blocks are spaced far enough apart that you don't get left behind.  This is important to me.  It is so nice to dip in and out of this one and not be struggling to keep up.  I mean, I am struggling to keep up, but I think I can catch up.
The finished quilt will look a bit like this one.  I absolutely love it.  I love the colours and it makes me wonder if I have enough different colours in my blocks. 
Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. your colors are so pretty, and the blocks all look great together!

    I'm so glad you linked up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really great in those adorable Pam Kitty fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever so pretty, so you're a bit behind ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it! :-) Your blocks are looking great.

    ReplyDelete