Saturday, 31 August 2013
The shelves are 4 squares which are all 300mm high, 360mm wide and 290mm deep. A wine bottle is too tall to stand up in that and most folders/files are also too tall so I decided I wanted to get wine racks to fit into the spaces. After minimal research I discovered that even a 3 by 3 wine rack would not fit in there and these were about $20 each anyway in Australia. It didn't seem like I could cut these down and to only fit 6 wine bottles in was not a good use of the space. Then like a bolt of lightening it came to me! Plastic Tubes!
Then you need wine.
Then after a glass or whatever, you can put the tubes and remaining wine bottles into position.
I think I might need to buy some more wine now.
Friday, 23 August 2013
Wednesday, 21 August 2013
To make hexagon patchwork you start with paper templates.
I am going to make a lot more hexagons before I start to sew them together. So far the fabrics are from lecien antique flower and Sarah Jane children at play and one hex of Tanya Whelan hatbox.
Friday, 16 August 2013
Then they are all hand sewn together. I love to do this and I just enjoy the process.
I love hand piecing. I feel you have so much more control over joining up corners accurately. However, it takes a long time and I enjoy machine piecing too because you can make such big things quickly. I just really want to improve my machine piecing skills.
On this jungle pillow I didn't bind the edge. I did my usual trick of doing essentially a french seam. I sewed the front to the back with the right sides together. Then I turned it right side out and sewed around the edge about 0.25" in from the edge and you have what looks a little like piping.
Thursday, 15 August 2013
This is it before.
I also made a new cushion cover for the seat. For the other one I never got round to making either the seat cover or the arm covers and I regret this. I am definitely going to make the arm covers this time to keep the chair clean.
Sadly I have had to use different fabric for the second chair. The first one has gone bobbly in places and I really didn't want to do another chair in it. I think this is what put me off doing arm covers or seat cover. My plan is to recover it, but I don't think it will be very soon. I am not too heart broken as I think I can do a much better job of it next time.
I should be able to recover the chair faster than it took to take off the old covers... well I hope so!
Tuesday, 13 August 2013
Here is a picture of the stickers.
I left these over night and they were pretty stubborn stickers!
But once they were off and the bed was mended it looked like this:
I love it and we used it when we had visitors recently. It was so nice to give my niece and nephew a nice bed each to sleep in. We had great weather while they were here and they had a lovely time seeing lots of things Sydney has to offer.
Tuesday, 6 August 2013
I hope my daddy loves it and it keeps his tablet nice and safe and free from scratches!